News from Us in Oz

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Back track post or "how to surprise Ann."

How would you respond to a telephone call... "hey Ann where are you?" I say I'm at the Temple. The response was then can you give the phone to G. Okay.. I'm handing the phone to my boss and trying to figure out what in the world is going on. Then I get are you logged into your gmail account. Yeah.. so my boss goes to my computer and is looking at my incoming mail.

I get the phone back and am told if I'm a good person I'll disregard the email from her and not open it. Okay... now I'm thinking what in the world would be coming to my email address that I wasn't suppose to open.

This is coming down to move day, too. So I'm thinking maybe they are thinking of doing something for us. I keep looking at my email to look for any emails that might be suspicious and that I should just toss. NOTHING.

Then I'm wondering was it an email about a meeting that I no longer need to be involved with or what in the world are they saying about me. Not that I'm paranoid or anything.

Friday we have dinner at N's godparents house and I went to temple. Was bittersweet. I love my Temple family and will miss many of the people there.

Saturday we go over to S's house. I expect a "surprise" but arrive and the table is set for dinner for my family and hers. Awww - I think I guess there wasn't time to do something for a goodbye. We have a great dinner and I am using the dryer to dry two loads of laundry. Yes, the dryer really did die.

I'm folding laundry and the boys are being boys in the living room and I look up and one of our friends is standing in the kitchen with ice cream. I stare at him and my girlfriend goes, "surprise". :)

The email that I wasn't suppose to look at was an email to our chavurah giving the details for Saturday night. For D's sake she is lucky that my alum account is being forwarded to a gmail account I only check once a week.

I seem to have a sixth sense for surprises but this was surprise.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home