News from Us in Oz

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Nothing earth shattering but I did post some pictures.

Dh and I have been working on You know you are settled in Oz when...

Let's see some new ones

when you don't blink an eye that 5 greeting cards cost a lot more than one baking pan

when you start walking down the correct side of the sidewalk and get annoyed for other who walk toward you on the wrong side

when you don't cringe at watching " hook turns" in Melbourne (play the shockwave animation to get the full effect)

- - - - - - -

Got to love a teenager's memory. A remember this morning that he needed to be in Melbourne for a prep to take part in Extreme Science Experiment 2007 . Good thing trams run frequently. I spent the two hours roaming around - browsed my favorite romance bookstore in Melbourne, looked at the price of cameras then worked my way back to Collins Street.

Okay as promised more pictures of the house.



My workspace. On its way from NJ are my rope horse and "Jack" Lemming both will find a place on the desk. For those with very good eyesight can you tell that is Alyssa's book on the printer? Hanging is one of my favorite pictures taken by our eldest.



Yes.. we still like to go around shoeless in the house. Thus we have a troop - a mob - a bevy of shoes by the front door.




Oh.. the kitchen in all its glory while I was baking up dessert storm for Seder. Missing from the picture is a close up of the evil oven. I think we've worked out a compromise.. I watch the items like a hawk and "it" won't burn them. What you can't tell from the picture is that the wonderful working island it too d*mn far from the other side of the kitchen. I know complain complain.



Our wonderful backyard with a gorgeous fountain that is filled with murky water. We decided it was more useful to have an patio furniture than formal dining room furniture. We've eaten outside a few times. Weather is getting a tad chilly to do that now plus with it gets dark earlier now.



Our quiet street. Can you tell the car is on the "wrong" side of the street from the US? We walk down to the end of the street to pick up the tram that will takes the kidlets to school or beyond. Very convenient.



Okay.. hard to tell but this is the view from my bedroom window. There is over an inch of water in the front fountain. Not enough to run it but as I had posted on the 1st maybe if we keep getting rain we'll actually be able to use it.

I know some of you are waiting patiently for pictures from the Great Ocean Road trek. Really I haven't forgotten. I just got sidetracked. :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home