News from Us in Oz

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Some more photos and my ongoing oven saga....

Like the picture of our first koala in the wild? As seen by our family on our trip down the Great Ocean Road when our eldest was in for his March Break (see the post below at his flight ups and downs.)

My Oven Saga...

I'm not sure if the oven read the first sentence of my last post and decided that since nothing "earthshattering" was happened, it would give me something to consider.

I decided to make dinner early on Wednesday and made a gorgeous matzah lasagna. I came back to my desk doing some work when I smelled the lasagna and got up to check. I couldn't figure out why there would be any spillage and opened the oven door start to move the pyrex bakeware. Disaster I only get a part of the bakeware and the other half is still in the oven. (okay... laugh)

Yes.. folks.. my pyrex bakeware broke into several pieces. I quickly went and found something to collect the bits of my now ruined dinner as I'm trying to clean up the oven. Not only did a lose a well loved 13x9 pyrex but I had to go out to the store when dh got home and had to purchase more ingredients for another lasagna. The next one was yummy but that's not the point. So I guess the truce is off and the oven has it out for me.

Now why people really want me to blog.. more pictures.



Caulfield Station where dh commutes from every morning. Just a 20 minute walk from the house. Unless he gets lazy and I drop him off across from the station.

End of the street that Caulfield Station is on. Very common feel for the business district.


End of our street at the tram stop that our kidlets pick up the tram every school day. Closer than the train station - around 5 minutes. Note tram coming down the street.



A sneak peek at some Great Ocean Road pictures. One of our favorites often seen on the Great Ocean Road. As seen when one pulls out from pull offs.


Looking down towards Apollo Bay.


Apollo Bay. This is as far as dh and I went the first time when I was in Australia for the "looksee visit."

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • I am so enjoying my vicarious time in Oz. Thank you for sharing.

    By Blogger gleecady, At 5:02 AM  

  • Great pics, Ann!!! I love your post.

    A pyrex dish also exploded on me when I added water to a small roast. POW! {{{HUGS!}}} on the mess you had to clean up and the ruined dish.

    Hugs, Nancy

    By Blogger Nature Nut /JJ Loch, At 10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home