News from Us in Oz

Friday, August 17, 2007

Friday random thoughts with pictures.

I was doing my pre-Shabbat errands down on Glenferrie and started to think about things I'll miss when we are back in the States and some that I won't.

  • Will miss fresh challah from Glicks. So fresh and hot from the oven that the store has a note about not placing your challah in plastic bags.
  • That I can walk into my favorite florist shop So My and she knows my name and automatically adds this week's purchase to my frequent buyer card in their file box.
  • 80% of our favorite restaurants are on the same block - including Indian, Chinese/Malaysian, Nicosian, & Italian. Our favorite Nepalese is on Malvern.
  • Sun normally peeks out at least part of the day.
  • Close to some fantastic hiking/walking paths.
What I miss from home besides the friends and family or won't miss from here.
  • Walking in to my favorite Starbucks and putting my fingers for one or two and they automatically know what I mean. I'll have to retrain them when I get back. :)
  • Carts that I can easily push around the grocery store.
  • Good Mexican food. Forget even trying to find Cuban.
  • Not lining up for gas on Tuesdays.
So a little about the pictures below. We went back to Churchill National Park so A. could try out the new camera our friends brought over with them. I love mom and joey even if the focus was off. We saw some colorful birds that wouldn't cooperate in having their picture taken. This little guy was right by our car when we finished the hike. I believe he is a "noisy miner", agree?



The next two pictures were taken after our foray to Esplanade Market a few Sundays ago. We were on a fact finding mission. :) I did get a new bracelet and some great bookmarks for the bookmark exchange. I want to go back and maybe purchase a new scarf. We walked along the beach walkway from St. Kilda Beach down to Point Ormond Beach. I think this bird is a "little pied cormorant." Agree? Still getting the hang of the camera - although A. has made noise he wants this one back and we'll get the new camera which will probably be given to N. Sigh. The lot of parents. Good thing I'm semi patient.




I'm going to try to blog every few days. Best intentions.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • Ann,
    The pictures are lovely!
    My son enjoyed the stop in Australia when he was in the Navy.

    I love kangaroos, koalas and wallabys. What a wonderful treasure of memories you'll be bringing back to the States.

    Polly/Tambra

    By Blogger Tambra, At 2:22 AM  

  • Ann,
    What an awesome post!!! It's good you'll have lots of photos for remembering your time spent in Oz. :D

    Hugs, JJ

    By Blogger Nature Nut /JJ Loch, At 4:09 AM  

  • Looks like a wonderful trip and beautiful pictures too!
    Joy

    By Blogger joyh82, At 1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home